Application crashes are usually caused by a device running out of memory. This issue can normally be resolved by following the steps below.
- Close all unused applications running in the background and restart your device. This will clear up memory. To do this, double tap the Home (square) button to see all the apps running in the background, then swipe them upwards to close them.
- Make sure your device has enough free storage space available: Settings → General → About.
- Remove/transfer unwanted videos and pictures from your device.
- Check if there are any software updates for your device: Settings → General → Software. It's not always possible to roll back to older versions, so be careful and proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that your device has plenty of battery power and that it is not plugged in charging.